Family & Community Services of Somerset County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community agency that provides professional and affordable mental health, family and addictions counseling services to children, adolescents, adults, and families in need. We provide support services to address each of life’s many transitions and problems.
Many clients come to us through word of mouth, but other major referral sources include the local school systems, Somerset County Probation and Court, DYFS, and various other agencies.
We were established in 1960 as a result of the merging of two older agencies—The Community Service Society of Bound Brook, founded in 1908 as the Welfare Society, and the Family Counseling Service of Somerset Hills, established in 1940. Over the years (see our timeline) our specific services changed as the needs of our community changed, but they were always rooted in health and welfare. Despite those service changes, our core mission has remained the same.
2020 is our 60th birthday – watch to see our staff and board share their support.
Our Mission, Vision and Core Values
Mission: Provide affordable and effective mental health and substance abuse services
Vision: Enhance the Quality of Life for the Community
- Family: Inclusive culture and environment
- Community: Accessible Services for All Demographics
- Services: Deliver care with compassion, integrity and respect
Now available via telehealth during COVID – video chat and phone services!
- Individual and Family Mental Health Program – Individual, group and family counseling to address personal and family issues
- Addictions Program – Addictive behaviors including alcohol and other drug abuses
- Community Services Programs – Areas of service include stress management, single parenting, and domestic violence
- Services to Business and Industry – Assistance for companies and their employees with personal and workplace issues