Family & Community Services Response to COVID 19 – Update March 20, 2020
To all those who utilize the services at FCSSC and support our agency,
For 60 years, Family & Community Services of Somerset County (FCSSC) has provided professional mental health and substance abuse therapy to people in need and we will continue to serve the community and the surrounding areas during these challenging times.
Because we value the health and safety of our clients, staff, supporters, and friends in the community, we have temporarily suspended face-to-face therapy sessions with those we serve and we are currently transitioning to a telehealth platform that will allow us to resume services very soon with minimal disruptions.
We understand that the information we hear on a daily basis regarding COVID 19 may prompt feelings of uncertainty and concern and we want to reassure our clients and the community at large that we will continue to be here to help. During our transition to telehealth sessions, we will have clinicians available to address the needs of those we currently serve and encourage those with a psychiatric emergency to contact Somerset County Psychiatric Emergency Screening Services (PESS) at (908) 526-4100.
The Mental Health Association of New Jersey is operating a Disaster Mental Health Helpline to assist for those feeling stressed, anxious or depressed due to COVID-19
Please call (877)294- HELP(4357) for emotional support, guidance and mental health referrals as needed.
We will continue with telehealth services until this crisis subsides and we can return to “business as usual”.
We will check our messages daily and will make every effort to contact you within 24 hours.
Family & Community Services of Somerset County (732) 356-1082
Other Important Numbers and Websites:
- CDC Stress/Anxiety from COVID 19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7 phone support) – 1-800-273-8255 with a specialized Crisis Line for Veterans: Press 1
- Narcotics Anonymous www.nabyphone.com or www.na-recovery.org
- Alcoholics Anonymous www.aaphonemeetings.org or www.aa-intergroup.org/directory.php or www.aaspeaker.com
- Somerset County Department of Health: https://www.co.somerset.nj.us/government/public-health-safety/health-department/services/disease-prevention/novel-coronavirus-2019-2641
- NJ Department of Health Coronavirus Information Line: 800-222-1222 or email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NJ Department of Health website: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_community.shtml
- Information for Schools and Businesses: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_schoolbusiness.shtml