To enhance the quality of life of individuals, families and communities by providing professional family, mental health and addictions services and innovative community-based programs.
Improve your relationship in our Exciting New Couples Therapy in Somerset County!
Family & Community Service of Somerset County
339 West 2nd Street, Bound Brook, NJ 08805
Reduce the Conflict
Learn How to Communicate
Create a New and Loving Partnership
Rekindle the Old Excitement
View our flyer here.
To start off the holiday season, please join us in giving back to the Family & Community Services of Somerset County. Help support our organization provide services to those in need of mental health and addictions. Please view the below message and use our printable PDF form or PayPal link below. Thank you for your support!
FCS Holiday Give Back – PDF
Donate Here – PayPal
Save the date….Our 4th Annual “Don’t Fall…Let’s Run” 5K run/walk & kid sprint will be held on Saturday, October 24th at Duke Island Park in Bridgewater. This day is A New Jersey Grand Prix Event and is on a USATF-NJ Certified & Sanctioned Course. Registration and Packet Pick up will start at 8 AM, with kid sprints and walkers events starting 9 AM and runners starting around 10 AM. Free shirts to all pre-registrants. Registration will be available shortly. There are many ways your business or family can be recognized at this event. Your chosen name can be placed on a banner, mile mark sign, or on the official 5K T-shirt. You can also be recognized by sponsoring runner’s prizes, water and cups, post-race food or goody bag items. Register for the event now using the 2015 Race Application.
Tickets are in the process of being printed for our annual GRAND Raffle! Our Grand Raffle will be pulled during the awards ceremony of our 5K Don’t Fall…Let’s Run event on October 24, 2015 at approximately 11 AM. Tickets for the Grand Raffle will be on sale soon where first prize will be 30% of gross tickets receipts, 2nd prize is 15% of gross ticket receipts and 3rd Prize is 5% of gross ticket receipts. Good luck to all of our future winners!!!
This past year, several organizations and/or individuals donated and supported the FCSSC programs. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to provide the resources and care our clients deserve.
Johnson & Johnson Somerset County Companies – $10,000
Investors Bank – $10,000
United Way – $9,000
Novartis US Foundation – $8,800
Board of Friends of Somerset County Youth, Inc. and the Board of Children’s Hope Initiative – $4,000
Suplee Clooney & Co – $3,500
Magyar Bank – $2,000
Dr. Jim Bremner, D.C.
Special acknowledgement to the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders for their unwavering support of our organization.
Monday, May 15, 2017
Royce Brook Golf Club “West”
201 Hamilton Road, Hillsborough
Come enjoy a day of golf and give back to YOUR community by supporting Family & Community Services of Somerset County. Each Golfer will enjoy lunch, a great day of golf, and an awards dinner that features many silent auction items. There are many ways to advertise your business at this event by becoming an event sponsor, hole-in-one sponsor, driving range sponsor, putting green sponsor or a single hole sponsor. 11:30 AM registration, driving range, putting & grilled lunch. 1 PM shotgun start. 6 PM Dinner, Silent Auction & Awards. Hole-in-One, Longest Drive and Closest to the Pin Contests.
Foursome- $650, Individual(each) $175, Dinner $60.
Event Sponsor $3, 000, Hole-in-One Sponsor $1,500, Driving Range Sponsor $1,500, Putting Green Sponsor $1,500 or Individual Hole Sponsor $150.
Contact our office to register or for more information:
Family & Community Services of Somerset County, 339 West 2nd Street, Bound Brook, NJ 08805. Attn.: Amy Herrick, firstname.lastname@example.org, (732) 356-1082
FCS treats patients who experience depression. Take a look at some information about depression disorders and contact us if you feel you need help or have any questions.
- Persistent sad or empty mood; low self esteem
- Feelings of pessimism, hopelessness
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure, lack of motivation
- Sleep issues – insomnia, disrupted sleep/restlessness or oversleeping
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Loss of energy, increased fatigue
- Suicidal ideation
- Persistent negative thoughts
- Difficulties functioning, Difficulties making decisions
- Persistent somatic symptoms such as headaches, chronic pain, stomach problems
- Self Harming
Depressive Disorder Types/Diagnoses:
- Major Depression
- Adjustment Disorder with Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Environmental Factors – trauma, loss, grief
- Genetic Predisposition
- Brain or Chemical Imbalances
- Substance Abuse
- Alternative Supplements
- Lifestyle changes, nutrition, exercise
Do you feel like you have an Anxiety Disorder? Check out the below information to learn more:
- Inability to stay calm
- Tension, feeling nervous or jittery
- Shakiness, trembling
- Excessive worry and/or fear
- Racing or pounding heart
- Cold/clammy hands; numbness/tingling of hands, feet, or other body parts
- “Butterflies” in the stomach
- Difficulties breathing
- Somatic Complaints i.e. headaches, muscle pains
Anxiety Disorder Types/Diagnoses:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Phobias including social phobia, agoraphobia, specific phobias
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Genetic Predisposition
- Brain or chemical imbalances
- Environmental, life experiences – persistent, long lasting stress; trauma; abuse
- Medication – anti anxiety, antidepressants
- Alternative supplements
- Relaxation Techniques
- Life changes, nutrition, exercise
If you have an questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us for any additional information.