Family & Community Services of Somerset County (FCSSC) has an immediate need for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner at our outpatient facility in Bound Brook, NJ. FCSSC has been providing mental health and addiction services to residents of Somerset County and the surrounding areas since 1960. Possessing the ability to conduct patient exams in Spanish is a plus but not a requirement (30% of our clients are part of the large Hispanic community in the area). Comfort with exam and treatment of children is a requirement.
- Monitor patients’ medication usage and results.
- Document patients’ medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, or outcomes.
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
- Assess patients’ mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints.
- May educate patients and family members about mental health and medical conditions, preventive health measures, medications, or treatment plans.
- Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including psychiatrists, psychologists, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Consult with supervising psychiatrist or other professionals when unusual or complex cases are encountered.
- ANCC certification in Psychiatry (PMHNP-BC or PMHCNS-BC)
- Active NJ license Current US Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration Certificate (DEA)
- Current NJ Controlled Dangerous Substance Certificate (CDS)
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $100.00 /hour